Wednesday 24 July 2013

Extreme Abel Tasman

One thing I knew I MUST do before leaving NZ, is a skydive!! So when in Abel Tasman, I booked Stuart and I up for a 13,500ft jump! :-)
It was incredible, a total buzz. We went up in the tiniest plane ever strapped to our tandem masters. Once at altitude, you swing out of the plane, and I mean out of the plane lol and launch yourself into the sky. It feels so wrong but so right. The thrill and adrenaline is crazy, but it wasn't as windy and scary as I thought it would be. I was more excited than scared, which surprised me. I can't say the same for Stuart though, I think he was a just a little nervous! :-)







Once down at 5,000ft the tandem master releases the parachute and spirals you to the ground. The force on your body while spiralling is immense, but the feeling of the ground rushing up to meet you is crazy. It feels so relaxing being under the canopy, after just experiencing total freefall for 50 seconds!

 
After landing I was beaming. I couldn't believe I had just been flung out of a plane, even more unbelievable was the fact that I enjoyed it. Now I just have to tell my Mum and Dad lol

We also payed for a cameraman who jumps with you, so we have both jumps on video plus over 200 photos. I will be showing everyone I can force to watch it when I get back to the UK. I've already watched it over 5 times!! It gives me a tingle in my belly each time, totally cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment