Friday 19 July 2013

Beveridge Clan Pay a Visit

My parents payed us a visit at Easter and it was really emotional to see them. My stomach was all butterflies on the way to the airport to meet them, and as soon as they walked through the gate I just burst into tears. I haven't been feeling home sick since being out here, but as soon as I saw them I realised I had missed them.
They were out here for two and a half weeks, staying at my Aunt Janette's B&B in Whangarei. That was also an emotional reunion, because they hadn't seen each other in 17 years!! We used Whangarei as a base and went on daily road trips around the North.

Whangarei Town Basin, Heads and Falls.....








Paihia and Russell..........


Tane Mahuta and the Kauri Museum.......


Keri Keri.......




Auckland........



The Coromandel......




 Rotorua..........



 Beachlands......



They said they really enjoyed it here, especially where we are living in Beachlands, and my Dad was even eyeing up houses everywhere we went. They were really lucky with the weather too, Stuart and I kept thinking it was really cold, but that's because we have felt the temperature drop from 30 odd degrees to 20 odd. Coming from Scotland it feels like a heat wave :-)
When they left to go back home I was pretty upset. Having them here then having to say goodbye all over again was pretty hard. My Mum was in tears, and so was I, not knowing how long it would be before I would get to see them again, but hopefully not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment