Tuesday 2 October 2012

The most incredible birthday ever!!!

I have just been treated to the best birthday experience ever. We went onto the Franz Josef Glacier for a heli-hike!! :-)
We got taken up to the glacier by helicopter, it was my first time in a helicopter and I felt like such a big kid. I was so excited I thought I could of burst! He flew us up over the glacier first, sweeping down close to show us the more inaccessible parts of it.

 We then landed on the ice, got out and put on our crampons. My belly was full of butterflies...I couldn't believe I was standing on a glacier. We had a guide who showed us around for two hours. We got to see blue caves and massive ice fields, beautiful clear glacier water flowing beneath us, and even witnessed an ice rock fall in the background.



We were then picked up again by the helicopter and taken back. I can't believe I got to experience something so amazing. If anyone ever gets the opportunity to do it then it is something I would highly recommend. It is a birthday that I am never going to forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment